Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I DID IT!

Last night at Toastmasters I did my 10th advanced level speech and I got my 'Advanced Communicator - Bronze' Award. Yay me! Woo hoooooo!!

The purpose of this post is threefold:
1 - to big up myself
2 - to encourage you to big up yourself - seriously, it's not arrogant to talk yourself up, it is only right to allow yourself to be proud of you and tell the world. Yay me!!! Ahem.
And 3 - if you would like to gain more confidence and learn to speak confidently in front of a roomful of people - check out toastmasters. Right now. I joined a little over 3 years ago and I have got so much more than I ever expected from my membership.

And just in case you didn't realise, I am SO proud of myself!!

Love

Donna.x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Donna!

You have every reason to be proud of your achievement: AC-Bronze. Twenty speeches written, twenty speeches practiced, twenty speeches delivered, twenty speeches applauded. Bravo!

Like you, I've also been a member of Toastmasters for a little over 3 years. Like you, I also have gained so much more than I ever expected from the experience.

Good luck on your continued journey through Toastmasters. May your increased confidence lead you to bigger and better things.

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Thanks Andrew! Yes it feels GOOD...and I'm looking forward to the next 20!

Love

Donna.x