Friday, May 02, 2008

Honouring Your Energy

I had a very funny conversation with my mom this afternoon - I was saying that I was tired even before the weekend began...and I have a busy weeekend coming up! I expressed a bit of surprise that I was so tired, and she said 'don't forget, Tuesday was a tough day - you need time to recover from that' which of course I haven't had!

You'd think I'd have clocked that, eh? After all, I'm the one always banging on about self-care! I even wrote a book about it! This conversation reminded me to honour my energy. It's not too high right now - I'm ok for sitting here writing this, but no more. So I need a recharge before my weekend starts in earnest with a gig tonight (which I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED about!!!).

Of course, I will be fired up by the gig and by seeing my friend...but that adrenaline surge will leave me crashed tomorrow...and I don't have time to crash - there is burlesque, handcuffs and hens to deal with (I'll tell you about that next time!). So, I'm off for a battery recharge - plug me into the sunshine and I'll be good to go!

Remember, honour your energy in this moment...and honour your energy for the next moment too. If you know you are going to need Energiser Bunny energy all weekend, make sure you take the time to charge yourself up beforehand.

Have a FANTASTIC weekend!

love

Donna.x

No comments: