Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Do it Your Way

Last night I met a very interesting lady - Sarah Tremellen of Bravissimo. I have to confess that I had certain expectations of a woman who had masterminded a multi million pound bra business, and I was happy to see that I was wrong on almost all counts. There was no power suit, she was warm, funny, witty, eminently likeable and extremely inspiring. (the last was the one I was right about!)

And what I really loved about her story is that she created this wonderful business (that many of my friends consider a life-saving shop!) her own way. Not the way it 'should' be done - and largely because she did not have the limitations that things 'aren't done that way'. Beautiful. So, if you knew that things would work out beautifully done YOUR way, what would change in your life.

For me, I wouldn't worry about 'doing it right', I'd think about 'doing what I want'. And that doesn't include the last quarter business plan I said I was going to do. But it does include having some fun with what I'd love to happen this quarter...so that's a marvellous replacement.

A far more freeing option.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: