Monday, October 23, 2006

Maybe you have other plans

With thanks to Jenn who brought this to my attention:

MAYBE YOU HAVE OTHER PLANS:
I woke up early today excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight.I have responsibilities to fulfill today.My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy,
OR--- I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money,
OR--- I can be glad my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health,
OR--- I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all my parents didn't give me when I was growing up,
OR--- I can be grateful they allowed me to be born.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends,
OR-- I can embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work,
OR--- I can shout for joy because I have a job to go to.
Today I can complain because I have to go to school,
OR-- I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with new knowledge.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have housework to do,
OR--- I can feel honored because the Lord has provided a shelter for me to live in.

Today stretches ahead of me waiting to be shaped. And, here I am the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have.

Have a great day my friend,OR--- maybe you have other plans.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: