Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Reality versus illusion

Albert Einstein: "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

I love this quote. Think about it. What if your reality was an illusion? What have you 'made up' about your life and the world you live in? What if you could 'make up' another reality? Would you choose the same one? Or would you choose a reality in which anything was possible, where you lived with purpose, passion and joy?

Let me give you a small example of this - I was shopping today and I had decided that I lived in a reality where you could never find exactly the thing you wanted in the shops. I noticed this slightly limiting (and up until that point, true) reality and changed it to a place in which I found exactly what I wanted - the very next shop I visited had exactly what I wanted, on sale no less. Coincidence? Maybe...but it was a reality I much preferred to live in.

If it's true that we create our own experience of the world, why do we work so hard at making it rubbish?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: