Thursday, April 17, 2008

Enjoying the Win

Last week, I was at a client's offices and in the meeting room they had a picture titled "Face each problem with a will to win" with a picture of athletes in agony (marathon runners by the look of them). I admire the sentiment. Determination, tenacity and will gets you far.

BUT.

It's the agony bit that bothers me! yes, ok, winning is all good...but in business these days it is all too often at the expense of your physical, mental and emotional health...and I can't see that as good no matter which way up I look at it!

How about "Face each problem with a joyful smile and a determination to enjoy finding a solution"? With a picture of smiling, happy people?

Or am I just TOO mad for thinking this???

Love

Donna.x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Who wants to be miserable when going after what you want! Your health comes first. If you're healthy you can do anything!

Alexis

xx