Monday, January 22, 2007

The most depressing day of the year

January 22nd. Apparently the most depressing day of the year according to UK boffins - the xmas debt/hangover, little daylight, it's bloomin freezin and all the New Year's Resolutions have gone by the wayside already.

So, let's see...it's flippin cold, I got back off my holiday last night and went from 28 degrees to 3 degrees and hail. Check. Xmas debt? No, but my holiday has left a dent in the finances. Little daylight? yep, it's dark. New Year's Res? don't make em so that doesn't count. Am I depressed?

Hell no! I thought I would be a little blue as my holiday is over and it's cold here and I want to live by the sea and I've spent a lot of money and...and...and. But I'm not. I was quite pleased to come home (would rather have stayed in the sunshine obviously, but it's home init?), the sun did shine today, the money I spent would normally have sent me into a tailspin but my finances are in good shape...I can't leave the house for a week, but come Feb it'll all be right as rain.

The back to work blues? Nope. I love what I do, I'm excited to be back at it having had some time to think and plan and forget about doing for a week!

I know that I am a very lucky girl to be so happy with life...and I'm not a one-off oddball you know! You too could have that sense of joy about your life - you too could be looking at the bright side of hail (a roaring fire!), you too could be happy. How? Start doing things you love, and stop doing stuff you hate!

Sounds simple eh? All it takes is one step to start you off, and you're going! Happy 22nd January!

Love

Donna.x

No comments: