Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Allowing generosity

One of the reasons I want to be fabulously wealthy is so that I can treat my friends, family and self to extravagant gifts. Generosity is a wonderful thing to be. But what about the other side of generosity? When you are on the recieving end? Do you grudgingly accept what is given to you with bad grace? Do you ignore people's generosity? Do you think 'oh I couldn't possibly accept that' and refuse it? Or do you graciously and gratefully receive what is given to you?

This has come up quite a bit for me of late - my beautician sister gave me a facial for my birthday, my friend's husband has offered to do my brakes, and I have been offered a free holiday in a friend's apartment. Once upon a time, I couldn't even receive a compliment with good grace. Now, I happily receive gifts and am a cheerful recipient of other's generosity. With these 3 gifts, I found myself refusing/ignoring the offers...not overtly or deliberately, just in my head.

Well, now I've had the facial - it was gorgeous! And the other 2, I am going to happily accept on the basis that the people offering were not on drugs when they offered and did so in good faith! I can't believe I was turning away from their generosity! If I had an apartment, I would let friends stay for nothing. If I could do brakes, I'd do them for friends whose car knowledge would fit on the corner of a postage stamp!

And when I do give what I can give, I feel great! So why deny my friends the chance to do the same? Why turn away good things? Why refuse gifts? And since I absolutely intend to be 'given' a fabulous career, a gorgeous house by the ocean, a fit bloke and many more things from the universe, I am saying YES to all the good in my life. This speaks much of your self worth - how good are you at receiving?

Today a holiday by the sea, tomorrow a mansion by the sea! To all those who wish to give to me, I say YES and THANK YOU!

Love

Donna.x

No comments: