Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Oh, the Irony

You know yesterday I was saying 'let life unfold'? Well, guess what I've been trying to do today?Oh yes - pushing, forcing, making things happen. On a small scale. With myself. I've been trying to 'make' myself be productive, when all I feel like doing is...well, nothing that is particularly 'productive' (this of course depends entirely on your point of view!). So, I've been fannying around for England today.

You know, sometimes, even though you KNOW that there is a better way of doing things, you do things the 'old' way. And the more you see what you are doing, the more you question it (gently!), the more you notice what's going on, the easier it is to change. I would love to say that I never push myself to do anything...but it's just not true! On days when I don't feel 100%, I do push, because otherwise I think I won't get anything done.

(I'm wrong by the way - I will get things done if I just let myself get on with it instead of micro-managing and getting hysterical!) And I'm better than I was. A year ago, it would have take me 8 hours at my desk to realise that this strategy ain't working. 3 years ago, it would have taken me a week. Today, it took a couple of hours. And then enlightenment dawned - there is a better way. Let life unfold instead of pushing.

Seems I said that somewhere before? Did you need the reminder too?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: