Tuesday, October 16, 2007

You Can't Force It

Another day, another cheesy film to learn from! This particular film is one of those 'new york gal' vs 'cowboy' films...the title is irrelevant. The point that caught my eye was when the leading lady was telling her New York boyfriend that she couldn't marry him because he only proposed under duress. "If you really wanted to do this, I wouldn't have to deliver ultimatums...you'd just have done it. I don't want you to wake up in 5 years on the realisation that you never wanted this." (if anyone knows the film, I've paraphrased!)

Anyway, this got me thinking - how often do we force an issue? You know, 'make things happen', deliver ultimatums (to ourselves even), push through the obstacles. And when we're forcing an issue, is that the right thing to do? Maybe the fact that there are obstacles is telling? What if what was meant to happen happened? And the other stuff didn't. And what if we allowed that to be ok?

Now, this is not a call to inaction. I do not mean 'do nothing'. I mean follow your INSPIRATION. Not your ego. You know the difference - ego says 'I must have that...now, now, now, more, more, more, push, force, break'; inspiration says 'this is what will happen - in its right place and time. No need to worry.'

What would change if you allowed your life to unfold instead of 'making it happen'?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: