Monday, October 15, 2007

The Serenity Principle

Dear God - I can't believe it was 28th September when I last wrote! It seems like only last week, and yet so much has happened in the meantime! My holiday was lovely, thank you. Very relaxing, chilled and sunny!!!

And despite the fact that I love what I do, I didn't want to leave my holiday. I didn't want to come back to work. I didn't want to come back to this country. I wanted to stay there in the sunshine, watching the sun set over the ocean every night, and waking up to blue skies and high temperatures every day! Yes, I got the post-holiday blues! Nothing like the 'bad old days' when I wanted to throw myself under a train rather than come back though, so that's progress!

This time I know that it's not drastic measures that are needed, it is small things that need to be honoured - the things that are really important in life. They're not about what you do, or have, but about who you are. While on holiday, my friend told me that I was serene. Once I stopped laughing, I realised that sometimes, I am serene. Certainly in comparison with myself 10 years ago, I am serene. This serenity comes from a confidence, a freedom, a joy, a love for life...and a deep knowing that all is exactly as it should be.

Even when I think that it should be sitting on the rocks watching the sun go down! I don't need to be there doing that to honour that serenity principle...I just need to remember that serenity is important to me, and find ways of encouraging serenity.

Would you like to join me in honouring the serenity principle?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: