Friday, September 28, 2007

The Worry Checklist

Once again, I got my '3 messages' over the last 24 hours - from a friend, from a forum, and then from a client. Worry was the message. And I realised that although I do it sometimes (when I really want to make myself miserable ;-)) I don't do it that often. Why not? Because I've trained myself out of the habit. How? By either doing something, or giving it to someone else to worry about!

So, here’s a ‘check list’ for when you are worrying:
1. What can I do about it right now? If there is something, do it. If nothing, go to number 2.
2. What can I do about it later? If there is something, plan to do it. If nothing, go to number 3.
3. What can I do about it tomorrow? If there is something, plan to do it. If nothing, go to number 4.
4. What can I do about it ever? If there is something, plan to do it. If nothing, go to number 5.
5. There is nothing I can do about this thing. Will I even give a shit in a year’s time? If not, stop worrying! If yes, go to number 6.
6. Call on spirit (God, Goddess, Angels, the Universe, your soul) for help. For example, I will say “Please help me to deal with this situation in the best way I can - calmly, cheerfully and easily.” I always feel better then...

Let me know if it works for you.

Love

Donna.x

PS Next week I am going ON HOLIDAY!!!! Very excited! So, it's unlikely that I'll be blogging. Do come back in a couple of weeks, I'll be back.

No comments: