Friday, February 08, 2008

Rocks and Sucks

On Radio 1 on a Friday, Jo Whiley does a 'rocks and sucks' section. Here's my entry for today:

What rocks: the Hours and The Twang at warwick uni last night (the hours were BRILLIANT)
What sucks: some idiot threw beer all over me, and when I took off my glasses to clean beer off, the lens fell out! (and vanished into thin air – I couldn’t even find the broken glass after the gig) So now I have to buy new glasses. Rubbish.

Now, I'm a big fan of looking on the bright side, and looking more into what is working rather than what is not working at all. But I don't believe in ignoring what is rubbish. That's denial, and not generally useful. The key is to notice what sucks, and either fix it or notice that it's not that bad. In the grand scheme of things, a lens falling out of my specs is not the worst thing that could happen (although I am hugely curious to know where the chuff the thing went!!!).

So, what rocks and sucks in your life this week?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: