Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Burlesque Faker

Did you see Faking It? A shy welsh cleaner went from thinking she was useless and couldn’t do anything to swinging her tassles on stage faking it as a Burlesque dancer. And her parting shot? “I want to be a burlesque dancer – do it while I’m on a high.” Go Girl! There is something quite wonderful about dancing – to be a good dancer, you must learn to perform, you must relax and you absolutely MUST enjoy yourself. Not just burlesque (which I’ve never tried! Yet.), all dancing.

Ballet dancers, ballroom dancers, belly dancers, street dancers – to be good, you have got to love it, feel it, and let it go. When was the last time you let your inhibitions go? When was the last time you gave yourself fully over to a physical activity without thinking ‘does my bum look big? Do I look stupid? Are they looking at me?’ The advice ‘dance like nobody’s watching’ is FANTASTIC advice. Do it. Get your favourite piece of music on the stereo and dance…have a disco just for you – perform, relax and have FUN!

In fact, when was the last time you fully let go of everything else and gave yourself over to any experience? Last time I did it was at the Muse gig….and it was wonderfully cathartic, fun and set my soul alight. Find something that allows you to do let go – dancing, gigs, film, exercise, whatever…and do it. Get out of your head for a while and lose yourself in something you love.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: