Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A new Boxing Day ritual

Ah, the season of goodwill to all men. The season of pressies. The season where 'normal' time disappears and 'christmas time' does wierd things with your days. Hope you've all had a good un? I've loved it - the usual ritual of breakfast, church, 2nd breakfast, pub, lunch, tv. Brilliant. And my usual boxing day ritual of disappearing into the bathroom with all my smellies and emerging an hour or so later accompanied by a riot of scents. Marvellous.

And I decided that I wouldn't keep that ritual for boxing day any longer - I enjoy it so much that I am going to do it way more often...and when I run out of smellies, I shall treat myself to bath bombs and new creams and stuff I never normally use. So, now I feel a new ritual being born - a festive 'stuff I'm going to do more in the new year' list. Since xmas eve, I have been thinking 'in 2007 I'll...' so here's the list:

1. lock myself in the bathroom with arms full of smellies at least once a month
2. Treat myself to something new and fabulous to do with grooming at least once a month
3. Send my family birthday cards...in time for their birthdays
4. Have a monthly 'do nothing' day (whenever I try this, I usually manage a few hours, but always end up doing something constructive - not so on xmas day - it's an inspiration!)
5. Write the cards and do the pressies BEFORE my birthday on 10th December! Deliver them before xmas.
6. Keep that feeling of 'goodwill to all men' for as long as possible into 2007
7. Simplicity is the key to a good Christmas...and a good life - so stop complicating matters!
8. Wear nice, smart clothes for no reason, not just for Christmas!
9. USE all the christmas presents - don't leave them gathering dust
10. Set up an automatic invoicing system so i don't spend 2 hours on Boxing Day doing it!
11. Do what I want to do. Daily.

Now, this is not a new year's resoluation list (don't do them, ever since the one year I didn't resolve to give up smoking was the year I did!), I am not going to be regimented about them, but I did want to record what I was feeling right now, while I still remember what the festive season is really about. Pressies and food. Oh, and feeling good! Would love to hear what you would like to do next year based on your festive experience.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: