Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Clear the way

December's a funny old month isn't it? So much to do, so little time. As regular readers may know, I am a bit of a hermit at times - it's midwinter, we should be hibernating, not dashing around madly going to parties, shopping and being immensely busy and stressed. I am luckier than most because my work party consists of me...I don't have to make excuses not to go anymore. Listen, I don't spend enough time with my friends as it is without going to parties I do not wish to attend!

I am also lucky in that I work for myself and my diary tends to be a little lighter in December (although squeezing all my clients into 3 weeks has proved...interesting!). And I am even luckier that my 'no' muscle is finely honed. All year, I say 'no' on a regular basis...unless I really want to do something, I almost never say 'yes' to things I don't want to do. So, here's a suggestion for you - instead of dashing around like a lunatic for the next 11 days then falling ill on xmas day, say no to everything.

UNLESS you really want to go. And have the time to go. And will have the energy to go. I would like to be in 3 different places on New Year's Eve, but I will be in one place and I am not even going to try to be in more than one place. This does mean I will miss my sister's NYE party which I am not ecstatic about. But I can only do so much. It's my festive season too, and I want to enjoy it!

So, start putting yourself a bit higher on the priority list folks, and with a festive 'ho ho NO' clear the way for you to enjoy xmas.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: