Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Keep Your Pecker Up

With my clients (and myself) I have noticed a definite cycle of highs and lows - one week you are fully cared for, fully energetic and feeling great...a couple of weeks later the self care has slipped, the energy is low, and you're feeling low. I highly recommend that you notice these ups and downs and take steps to keep the levels high.

For example, I know I feel at my best when I am cared for, energetic and enthusiastic, so I notice when any of those dip below about 70%, and take steps. A few of the things that help me 'keep my pecker up' are reading and listening to inspirational people; taking 'me' time daily; walking in nature daily (although probably not today as it's pissing down!); listening to loud music, and reading trashy novels.

Imagine if you could glide gracefully through life's ups and downs without crashing and burning every few months. Imagine further if life could just be great, all the time...

What are you doing to keep your pecker up? ;-)

Love

Donna.x

2 comments:

Christina Rolle said...

Hi Donna,

I spend my weekends on a regular basis at my Dad´s house. I have a second home there and have started renovating it. Although it is a lot of work to do and I also have to help my Dad a little, I have a lot of fun there.

In summer we sit outside in the garden, have barbeque and I feed a cat family and also the neighbour´s cat. You see, a lot of work too!

This is what keeps me in a good mood, I have always something to look forward to.

Love
Christina

http://www.fabulousfortieslife.blogspot.com

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Hi Christina

Having things to look forward to is a great way to keep your pecker up! And I hope you also take time to chill out and enjoy the summer (especially if you are actually having one...unlike us in Britain!)

Love

Donna.x