Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Enjoy the present moment

How much of your life do you spend in the past? Moaning about it, rehashing it, being nostalgic? How much do you spend in the future? Daydreaming, wishing things were different, getting excited about next week? There is a place in life for learning from and continuing to enjoy the past AND for daydreaming and looking forward to the future, but when you are living in the past or future, you are missing the present.

You can't get this moment back...or this one...or this one. Where do you spend most of your time? Do you make up a story about what might happen in the future, and make judgements about your life based on a maybe! Hmmmmm… What would happen if you just stayed in the present moment? The future will happen no matter how much you worry about it…or how much you DON’T worry about it! And if you don’t worry about it, the present will be more fun!

Or do you live in the past? Worrying about things that have happened, regretting and/or wishing it could be like it was? Hmmmm... What would happen if you stayed in the present moment? The past has happened no matter how much you worry about it (or not!)...and if you don't, the present will be more fun!

If you really stayed present in this moment, not worrying about yesterday, or tomorrow, what could you enjoy far more? I could enjoy the feeling of typing this article, of listening to my music, and of having the dog grumbling at me from under my desk (how dare I move my legs at my own desk?!). You know what? There's a lot to appreciate in this moment - I'm glad I'm not distracted by yesterday and tomorrow!

Love

Donna.x

No comments: