Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reaching Out

I have a confession to make. I am not coping that well. I am pretending that 'it' hasn't happened, because the thought of my uncle's death makes me want to scream and never stop screaming.

That was quite hard to type. It was even harder to say to my friends. I made a promise...after telling friends about my 'mini-nervous breakdown' 7 months after it happened, I promised I would tell them when life was rubbish, not after I was ok again. I was talking to another friend of mine today who does the same thing. 'I'll talk to my friends about it AFTER I've dealt with it'. Sound familiar at all?

The thing is, we might be right, other people might not be able to help. But equally we MIGHT be wrong, and the support and love and encouragement and whatever that our friends can offer might just help us deal with it. Much as it scares me to do so, I think that's a risk worth taking.

Do you?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: