Monday, January 07, 2008

Back in the Saddle

HELLO! I'm back y'all.

My apologies to anyone who expected, wanted, looked for an update on this blog over Christmas...what can I say?! I didn't really intend to be quite so offline as I was this Christmas, but I have to say, it's been marvellous! I'm only just realising just how marvelous it was to have time to just chill, and think, and plan the year, and play games, read other people's blogs, and potter about.

Now I'm back to it, and today discovered (or uncovered if you like!) my main intention for 2008 - TO ENJOY LIFE! I have been marinating in all my ideas, hopes and dreams for the coming year, and when I stopped to ask myself the one most important thing (by talking to my archetypes, wild woman, future self and so on*)...ENJOY LIFE was the one.

If you similarly wish to enjoy your life this year, I'd like to share 2 practices with you that I started (again) today:

1. Toleration busting - this is where you make a list of 100 things that are irritating you - from the dusty laptop to the 10 extra p0unds you're carrying. From the itsy-bitsy unimportant things to the life changing. Once you've got stuff on your list, the game is to fix one thing a day (at least). Pick the easiest thing to change...you will be amazed at how much energy this frees up, and how much more enjoyment you start getting from life without this minor irritations.

2. The list of stuff you love to do. 100 things you love doing - the game here is to do as many of them as you can fit in on a daily basis...you may not be able to walk on the beach daily, but you can read a book for 10 minutes. Again, you'll be amazed at how great this exercise is! You start to notice how much stuff you do that you love, and to enjoy it fully...like you do when you're new to something, really appreciating the stuff you get to do.

Love Life

Love

Donna.x
* By the way, if you're interested in archetypes, future selves, etc, feel free to get in touch - I love doing this stuff!!!

No comments: