Saturday, September 09, 2006

The most wasted day

I love the quote "the most wasted day is that in which one has not laughed". Mostly I agree...but today, the most wasted day is the hungover day. There are so many things I could be doing - the sun is shining, there are chores galore to do, magazines to be read, interesting and thought provoking blog entries to be written ;-).

Instead, I have wandered around the house like a little lost soul, picking up water, painkillers and sugary food by turn, unable to concentrate or even make a decision on what to do with myself. I don't drink much because it makes me ill, miserable, depressed and grumpy, and it is a rare day that I have drunk so much to be actually hungover (despite spending most of my twenties in that state!). When I do, I regret the choice of more booze - the craic is never worth the utter waste of a day.

Although I haven't done this since I was a wage slave, I think the time has come to renounce this day and start again tomorrow!

Love

Donna.x
PS I am very grateful for the lessons beer has taught me over the years - most pressingly today, that last drink is NEVER a good idea!

No comments: