Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What are you hiding?

I realised yesterday that I had been keeping a 'dirty little secret' from my friends - I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Because I present the image of being bouncy, lively, high and happy, people assume I am like that all the time. The truth is that sometimes I 'disappear' because I am too exhausted to speak to people and too wiped out to work!

I had not deliberately 'lied' or misrepresented myself - but by hiding away the fact that I've been poorly I denied people the chance to help me. My loss.

What are you hiding that people could help you with if only you'd let them know?

Love

Donna.x

2 comments:

Celia said...

Hi Donna,

It takes some inner strength to write this. By doing this you have allowed yourself to be how you are, and not what people think you are.Gather your strength, be patient with yourself, and know that with CFS, sometimes comes the opportunity to focus on yourself for a change. You can only be as strong for others as you are in yourself. Take care and know you will feel better soon xx

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Thanks sweetie - and my apologies, I only just spotted this comment!
xx