Saturday, September 23, 2006

Perpetually 6 years old!

Last night I performed a belly dance routine in public for the first time - with 8 other dancers. Oh, what fun! I was utterly terrified, and finally perfected the art of shimmying - just be so frightened that your knees shake and your shimmies will be wonderful! Also at the Hafla were some very experienced and quite wonderful dancers - I spent the evening 'wow'ing all over the place. And the dancer who belly danced to Muse was magnificent - I'm going to see them in November and intend to belly dance my way through super massive black hole. ;-)

I also spent a lot of time going 'I wanna be dancing' 'I want a veil' 'I want to dance with a sword' 'I wanna learn to do THAT' 'I want a drum' 'I want a bright red coin belt' 'i wanna dance with a tall handsome man'...ooh so exciting! When it comes to new, exciting, funky and slightly bizarre things, I am forever 6 years old - clapping my hands and bouncing up and down. And I love that.

What would change for you today if you had the joy and excitement of a 6 year old? Go on, try it! Most of us spend far too much time being sensible and old - see the world through the eyes of the magical child.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: