Saturday, September 30, 2006

Time to get tough about your time

In these days of 'too much to do' it consistently amazes me that we insist on filling up our time with things we don't love doing. We accept every invitation as if we are obligated to do so, then complain that we have no time left to do things we want to do because we're too busy with 'duty calls'. Mental.

My favourite way of cutting out the chaff is to use the rule of thumb 'if it is not a definite yes, it's a no.' No ifs, buts or maybes, if you don't immediately think 'YES! I'd love to do that', then say no. You can scream NOOOOO if you want, or you could say 'no, I'm afraid I am busy'. Saying no doesn't have to be a horrible thing. After all, don't you just hate it when a friend comes with you to something they clearly don't want to attend? Instead of enjoying yourself, you find yourself babysitting them and going home early. Bah.

If it ain't a definite yes, it's a no. Try it.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: