Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sod off with your happy clappy crap

Ever have a bad day? Next door's dog wakes you up for the 84th morning in a row barking his head off at a mouse farting 3 miles away, you slip in the shower, all the lights are red, it's bloody raining, nothing you are expecting has arrived, you feel as creative as a paving slab, and some idiot is trying to cheer you up.

Sadly for me, that 'some idiot' is me! So far today, I have tried music (didn't drown out the feckin dog!), yoga (couldn't be bothered to do more than 2 sun salutes), dancing (not in the mood), getting out of the house (it's bloody raining), shifting myself up the emotional scale (worked for about 5 minutes), looking at my life vision (worked for about 5 minutes), tidying up (do I look like I'm in the mood for fecking housework?), gratitude (yeah, yeah), accepting that I'm in a bad mood and not trying to change it for a while, and watching Blackadder episodes.

Blackadder did work up until I got back to my desk. So lastly, I try writing about it. And FINALLY, something that's working! It's largely working because I am so amused at my grim determination to be in a bad mood and therefore have a bad day! I know that this is my choice, so it begs the question 'why the f... would I choose to be grumpy?'. After some 'I don't bloody know' type answers, I discover my bad mood is trying to do me a favour.

On the basis that every part of every body has a positive intention, my bad mood is doing it's absolute best to get me to chill out and DO WHAT I WANT TO DO. I really don't want to be sat at my desk today, but because I am out with friends later and I have a 'to do' list, I feel like I 'have to'. Nonsense. It would be good if I did, but if I don't the world won't end.

And here's the other element - I haven't been sleeping for days, my throat is sore, my head is banging, I am feeling really uncared for. It's a shame for me. The solution? Give myself a break - do what I have to do this afternoon (2 things), then do what I want to do for an hour before I go out...aaaaaaah, the sun's coming out, bad mood is disappearing, job well done.

A couple of things for you from this:
Number one - remember that every part of every body has a positive intention, what's your bad mood/procrastination/sadness telling you?
And number two - if at first you don't succeed in cheering yourself up, try and try again. In this posting are 11 ways I can lift my mood...there's at least another 40 options. Love yourself enough to want you in the best possible frame of mind. How do you cheer you up?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: