Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Connecting to Genius

Did you realise that you have access to the most incredible resource in the world? What is it? Other people. All too often, we strive for 'independance' (and I am very guilty of over-independance!), but let's face it, unless you're totally self sufficient (and if you are, I doubt you're reading this!) you rely on others for a thousand things. Delivering your post, reaping the crops to give you your food, manufacturing, goods, services, inventions (where would we be without the music players?!).

And other people give you access to a huge amount of information. I know very little about cars, but I know a woman who does. The reason this is much in my mind at the moment is because I am in the middle of doing some writing - some ebooks. And I have started to ask my newsletter readers for help to make sure that what I write is relevant and useful! Just one e-mail from a helpful reader can spark off 10 ideas. (and also remind me that what is obvious to me isn't always obvious to others!)

Since I have been asking for help with this project, I have recieved far more than I bargained for! Enthusiasm, encouragement, inspiration, ideas, interest, the list goes on.

What are you doing right now that the vast resource that is 'other people' could help you with?

Love

Donna.x
PS the question that I have been asking is "What gets in the way of your self-care?" If you'd like to help me by answering that question, please get in touch. Thanks a million.

No comments: