Thursday, September 27, 2007

What You Want is What You Need

On a daily basis, I ask for help from 'the unknown' (God/Goddess/Whatever) to make sure I complete the things I need to do today, and get the support I need, and the messages I most need to see. Today I 'slipped up' and asked for the message I most 'want' today. I corrected myself instantly from want to need, and up popped the thought (I'm certain most of these thoughts don't come from 'me'!) "What you want is what you need".

Pause for a moment and think about that. What you want is what you need. Interesting concept, wot?

So, I could be asking to make sure I complete the things I want to do today, get the support I want, and the messages I want. Hmm...not only does this feel better (wow, you mean I get to do stuff I want to do?!), it also looks like a better request to me. Not just what I 'need', but what I want. Why wouldn't that be good? Well, it could only be bad if I didn't trust myself...

Do you trust that what you want is also what you need?

Love

Donna.x
PS I had a funny thought when I was typing that 'god/goddess/whatever' that you could be praying to 'whatever'. Next time you hear a teen-at-heart 'whatever'ing, remember it's a call to the infinite!

2 comments:

Christina Rolle said...

Hi Donna,

what I want today is a Cappucino and a piece of Tiramisu mmmmhh...

I'm sure, this is exactly what I need although my waistline would disagree. But it is a cold and rainy day here in Munich and the thought of comfort food makes the day look brighter.

X
Christina

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Hi Christina

EXCELLENT! This proves my point...what you need is comfort on a day like that.

Imagine if we all trusted that we are trustworthy...even with Cappucino and Tiramisu!

Love

Donna.x