Thursday, September 06, 2007

Of Insomnia and Blood Loss

The last couple of nights I have not slept well at all. After 32 years of insomnia, I finally got the magic formula in place to allow me to sleep well most of the time. But every month, I get a couple of days where I do not sleep at all well. I am not good when I don't sleep. I am aware there are people who can get by on 3 hours sleep...but I'm not one of them. 7 hours instead of 8 can make me very irritable.

And as for an entire evening of tossing and turning...despite being shattered (I don't mind so much if I'm not actually tired in the first place!)...well let's just say I'm not at my best and leave it there. Just don't annoy me today! Thankfully my client sessions for the day are now out of the way with only a little incoherence from me...and now I just have my to do list to do!

Trouble is, I'm also a pint of blood lighter. As I wasn't able to concentrate, I went off to Give Blood...it seemed like a good idea at the time! Unfortunately, I'm now even less inclined to go through and tick off my tasks for today. Sigh. So, I am going to have a bowl of chips with sour cream and have a little lie down. Maybe I'll feel more like doing my to do's later?

When your energy isn't 100%, is your focus on 'getting things done anyway' or on raising your energy so you can 'do' with more presence, wit (and in my case, brain cells!)? If you knew that the most important thing in life is that you feel good, what might you allow yourself to do (or not do) today?

Love

Donna.x
PS Give Blood. Now. I told you earlier, don't irritate me today!

No comments: