Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So Little to do, So Much Time

Or is it the other way round? I've been getting myself in a minor tizz again this week - 3 days out of 5 out of the office, going to Spain on Friday, a to do list 4 pages long to be done! The funny thing is that I know it won't all be done. It's a physical impossibility to do everything I want to do (one of the things is write a book...not gonna happen this week!). And once I let go of wanting to do everything, I can relax and decide what I actually want to do.

Of my to do list of 56 items (give or take!), 1 has GOT to be done before Friday - travel insurance. 2 I really want to make sure are done - my cousin's birthday card and an article finished for next week. The rest? Well, the world won't collapse if I don't do the other 53 things. And this week would be a lot more fun if I didn't insist I 'have to'...in fact I think I'll make a game of it.

Here's the rules of the game: I'm allowed to go away for the weekend only having done those 3 things, and I get a bonus endorphin for each one I do WITHOUT any stress! So that's 53 extra endorphins ... on top of feeling good cos I'm relaxed and excited to be going away. Bonus.

What could you let go of 'having' to do this week? And how much more fun would life be if you relaxed and enjoyed the things that you do?

Love

Donna.x

1 comment:

Christina Rolle said...

Hi Donna,

have fun in Spain! I hope the weather is fine there and you can enjoy your vacation.

X
Christina