Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Let the road reveal itself to you

The world is being taken over by planners! You must have a goal, and 200 action steps to get to that goal. Plan, plan, plan. Pah, where's the fun in that?! Yes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step, and you need to take each step in the right direction and all that blah, but frankly it takes away all spontaneity and joy from the process for me.

Yes, you can liken your goals to a journey that you must plan or you will never reach your destination, but that ignores the immense growth and enjoyment you can get from being lost! It completely negates the wonder and bliss that comes from following your heart and following your intuition to get to where you want to go.

Had I planned every single action step for my business, I would have missed out on loads of really cool stuff that has come up 'unexpectedly' and I would be working on 'achieving goals' (not an unworthy career!) rather than 'living with purpose, passion and joy'. I know which I prefer - and it's all because I am prepared to let the road reveal itself to me, to take roads less travelled and allow my 'goals' to be 'dreams' and 'desires' and fun!

Love

Donna.x

No comments: