Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A disturbing statistic

I got my new card from the Blood donor service today - I've given blood 10 times. Woo hoo.

With my new 'gold' card, I also got a letter with the disturbing statistic that only 6% of people who CAN give blood, do. Now, I know some of you will not want to and will have a horror of needles. Almost a month ago, I wrote another post about this - I did something amazing today please read it if you haven't already.

And please, please consider going to give blood. It takes 10 minutes once every 3 months, and you could save someones life. Go to the national blood service (uk) website to find out where and when you can give.

Please. Please - do something amazing today. And please, forward this to anyone you know who might be interested in doing something amazing. 6% is a horrifying statistic, let's change it.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: