Saturday, April 07, 2007

Body, Mind and Soul

I was reading something today that suggests that most people live only in the physical world - just attending to their physical needs. If that's true, what of the mind and soul? The mind needs nourishment too - new ideas, growth, stimulation (Eastenders don't do it!). As does the soul - life purpose, spiritual growth and enlightenment, connection to the world.

I was horrified to think that mind and soul are being ignored so - and then I realised that I am not exactly the Dalai Lama in this regard! I do feed my mind with new ideas and growth (and equally deaden it with trashy tv and books!), I do connect to the world, look at my life purpose and spiritually grow (and I get caught up in the 'real' world often, where stress and anxiety deaden any connection with spirit).

So, here's a committment from me - I will endeavour to feed my mind more, feed my soul more AND to make it easy for myself. For example, today I am off to the Rugby - my physical self will enjoy the rough and tumble of tall men in small shorts, my mind will enjoy following what's going on, and my soul will see the beauty in the day, in the game and in the shared enjoyment.

High falutin' stuff eh? And so much more satisfying than living just in the physical. Try it?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: