Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Post holiday blues and pooh

Isn't it funny that even one day off can elicit a little bit of 'post holiday blues'? Now, I want to be clear here - I used to get post holiday blues that would have me crying 'I don't want to get out of bed' in the morning...now they are nothing like that! It is more a restlessness - a feeling that I could be 'out there' doing 'something' instead of 'in here' working.

And that restlessness was been made a thousand times worse yesterday by the fact that in the fields behind the house, the farmer was muckspreading. Ugh. So, I sat here at my desk, feeling nauseous and restless...until that moment of clarity that actually, I wasn't achieving a darn thing - better to go do something else (like burning some essential oils to get rid of the pong!).

The something else I decided to do was to look at the lesson in this situation. The unconscious lesson was that I was a lazy git who was just procrastination doing something useful. See how lovely I unconsciously am to myself?! BUT when I thought about it consciously, I could see that I am not very good at giving myself time off!! I love what I do, but that does not mean I can do it for 168 hours a week.

I love sleeping too, but not for 168 hours a week. In fact, if I did anything I love doing every hour of the week, I would soon get fed up of it! AHA! So, time to look at my working patterns methinks and change something... What I really loved about this too was the memory of what the post holiday blues once told me - GET OUT, YOU ARE DYING HERE! I'm so glad that has changed.

What about you, what do your post holiday blues tell you?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: