Friday, April 06, 2007

Making A Difference

Via www.geniuscatalyst.com forums this morning, I came across a link to Steve Chandler's website, and from there to http://www.stevechandler.com/images/wealth.pdf. It's a good read, I highly reccommend it. The essence of the bit that has caught my attention is 'making a difference every day' - not necessarily an earth-shattering difference, but just a difference.

In retrospect, I can see that every time I dip down into negative emotions and stress, the reason is that I am trying to make a HUGE difference. So if 25 clients don't come beating down my door, I've failed. If £3000 extra doesn't get made in 5 minutes, I've failed. If wars don't stop immediately and everyone become peace and love personified, it's down to me!

Hmm... I can see a pattern here of high expectations and impossible to please bosses! (Worst boss I've ever had, me!) What if the little differences I made every day added up to a life of meaning and joy? What if I didn't have to move the earth 3 moons to the left to make a difference? What if I was enough?

How about you? What if you allowed the easy differences you could make to be your benchmark today? What if you were enough?

With love

Donna.x

No comments: