Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter

In case you missed this week's newsletter, here it is:

Welcome to ‘OnTheBeach’ the newsletter which aims to help you take life lightly! Life’s a beach, after all – it’s not all worry, stress and pain! This week I’m keeping it short, because we have the holidays to enjoy! Please enjoy the quotes that have inspired this week’s article.

Happy Easter
“Forget love-- I'd rather fall in chocolate!!!” Author unknown

Isn’t it curious that something which started as a religious holiday has become a celebration of chocolate? Nothing wrong with that, chocolate should have its own holiday weekend. And there is something quite delicious about that idea of falling in chocolate…melted chocolate. Mmmmm.

Perhaps sychronistically, on a week of religious significance, I came across the blog “A nun’s Life”, and this quote “Owning one’s gifts can be just as hard as owning one’s shadow side.” Sister Julie. Think about that for a moment – is that true for you? It isn’t quite true for me…I find it sometimes easier to accept my shadow than my gifts!

I seem to have learnt the humility lesson well. But is that truly what God (or Spirit, or whatever description works for you) wants for us? That we hide our gifts? I suspect not. We were born with those gifts for a good reason – to use them. Imagine if the wonderful person who invented chocolate had hidden their gifts…unimaginable! Happy Easter.

Something to play with
Do you own your gifts? Do you even know what they are? Why not come out from under that bushel and shine your light?

The Personal Bit
Well, this was an interesting experience…merging seamlessly chocolate and God! I was without much inspiration this week to be honest, and a chance reading of Sister Julie’s blog found me mulling over this quote and how I could get something about chocolate into that. It doesn’t quite fit? Oh well, c’est la vie…to be honest, I’m too chocolate-fuddled to care!

Coaching and Contact
Personal Coaching helps you to get where you want to go faster, more easily AND with more fun! If you want your life to be FANTASTIC and it’s not, maybe it’s time to get help? Just reply back to this e-mail to find out more about Coaching with DonnaOnTheBeach. To learn more about donnaonthebeach, go to www.donnaonthebeach.co.uk and check out my blogs at www.donnaonthebeach.blogspot.com and www.bulldozerdiary.blogspot.com

We grow by your recommendation, so if you know anyone who needs an injection of lightness into their lives, please forward this on to them. If this has been forwarded to you, to sign up to receive the newsletter yourself go to www.donnaonthebeach.co.uk. Please feel free to reprint any article on your website, own newsletter or message boards. Please give credit where it's due, and let people know where they can sign up if they would like more.

Have a fantastic week!

Donna.

PS Your privacy is important to me. I never rent or sell my mailing list to anybody.

No comments: