Saturday, March 10, 2007

Follow your curiosity

I am a great believer in the power of following your curiosity - I was ever curious and have been driven to know 'what's over that hill', 'what is that all about', 'what are your dreams' and 'how do you do that' ever since I can remember. Sometimes my curiosity takes me to surprising places. Today my laptop was slow when I logged in, so I started looking for ways to sort that out.

I came across 'defragmentation' - in my (limited) understanding, a way of sorting out your computer's filing system. Little did I realise that it would take 6 hours! However, my laptop is faster, and now I know something new. I learnt something today. In fact I learnt a few somethings:
  • what defrag is
  • how to do it
  • why to do it
  • why my 'pissing about' is often a good thing
  • I am WAY more patient than I ever was before (in the past, something taking 6 hours would be a cue for bouts of impatient temper)

And that's just what I learnt from following my curiosity about a slow laptop. Imagine if you were to follow your curiosity about you, your dreams, your capabilities, your magnificence, your genius. What could you find out?

The world's your oyster!

Love

Donna.x

3 comments:

Chris said...

More memory will make it faster still... x

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

And once again following my curiosity on this...how much memory? Where do you buy memory from? How do you get it in the computer? How much does it cost?

Love

Donna.x

Chris said...

Do this:

Go to http://www.crucial.com/uk

Click on the Scan My System Button (mid-right of screen)

Tick the terms and conditions box

Click the Start System Scan button

Click Install when you get the Security warnig box

The Crucial System Scanner will run and then present you with a screen detailing how much memory you have, what the upgrade options are and how much they cost.

All that's left is to order memory and fit it...

Call me if you need help!