Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What is working

I have just had an epiphany! I have been saying for 2 years as part of my role as a Your Natural Way leader - do the marketing that is FUN and EASY and is working for you! I was doing a bit of marketing this afternoon, sluggishly and begrudgingly...and I suddenly thought 'does this marketing activity work?' Guess what? No. Not one of my clients has come through this particular activity!!!

Not only that, it's not fun and it's not easy! Well, it's easy to do, but because I don't want to, it's hard to 'make myself' do. To be honest, I wanted to roll around on the floor laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of it. Why the bloody hell have I been doing it all this time? Er, cos it was a good idea...and works well for someone else I know...and I thougth it would work for me.

It just goes to show that you need to monitor the results of your activities (particularly if you don't enjoy them!).

Now, rather than just raising your eyebrows at me, look at your own life - what are you doing that you don't enjoy and isn't working for you? I'd love to hear what you come up with!

Love

Donna.x

2 comments:

Chris said...

Yes. Funnily enough I know exactly what you mean. IT Support... yum...NOT! Time to bite the bullet and say goodbye to that area of my life I think...

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

AHA!

And by saying goodbye to that area, you can say 'hello and welcome' to an area you DO want to do and enjoy!

D.x