Saturday, March 31, 2007

Making you Right

I was looking this week at how I am not an internationally renowned author, speaker and coach. Never mind what I have done, it's what I haven't that's occupying my mind. It's an interesting attitude that everything we haven't done is a failure and everything we have done is past (and probably down to luck!).

What if everything you haven't done is a lesson (or a work in progress) and everything you have done is a success? What if you were right not to do what you didn't do? What if you have a different way to become an internationally renowned speaker? Maybe you're not wrong...just different. We spend a lot of energy making ourselves wrong - what if you were right?

If I were to ask what is perfect about NOT being an internationally renowned author, speaker and coach, I would see that the last 7 years have been a time of great transformation for me, and before I take my message out there, I need to be very clear what it is! I also need to be very grounded, and that's happening in this moment for me. Blimey, I got it right again.

Think of a situation you are 'wrong' in - what if you were right?

Love

Donna.x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't I know how you feel! I'm always making myself wrong, criticising myself why I haven't done this and why I haven't done that and so on. Then I look at what I have done and can see how far I have come and feel proud of my achievements. As Susan Jeffers says "it is all happening perfectly."

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Excellent point - everything is happening perfectly (even if it appears to be f'ing up royally!). What a relief!

Love

Donna.x