Thursday, March 08, 2007

More about goals

It astonishes me that I am doing another post about goals - I do not like goals. They are stuffy, dream killing, constricting, boring things. Or so I thought. It was pointed out to me lately that I DO do goals, I just call them 'things I would love to have' or 'wow's or 'visions'. Aaaah. A goal is just something that you want to be, do or have. So, yes, I DO do goals.

However, I kept telling myself that I didn't do goals because they are boring, restricted and usually give me an excuse for beating myself up because I haven't achieved them. So what am I telling myself here? That I do not achieve goals. (think about it...it may not be in so many words, but that is exactly what I have been doing) Is this something that I want to order from the universe? Not achieving my goals (wows, visions, things I would love to have)?

A resounding NO! I DO achieve my goals. I have achieved many goals...and the ones that aren't here right this minute are on their way. Be very careful about what you say to yourself. Misunderstandings are easy enough with others, remember that you can misunderstand yourself too. That's why coaches are so great, because they point out the things you are unconsciously doing to hold yourself back.

One session, and my world is again turned upside down. Thank you D & P!

Love

Donna.x

No comments: