Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Better than 'Fine'

In Michaell Neill's 'Tip of the Day' today:
"In the remake of the movie 'The Italian Job', Donald Sutherlandasks Mark Wahlberg's character how he feels.
'I'm fine', says Wahlberg.
'You know what 'fine' means don't you?' replies Sutherland.'Fu**ed up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional.'"

This sums up why I don't like 'fine' as an answer to 'how are you?' It's just depressing. While I lived in Australia, I loved that Aussies answer 'how ya goin?' with 'good'. It may be just a word, but it's a far more cheery word than 'fine' or 'ok' or 'not bad'. What's wrong with 'Fabulous', 'Fantastic', 'Magnificent', 'Superb', 'Wonderful', 'Outstanding'? Ok, outstanding is a bit un-British, but trust me 'Fabulous' is a good answer to 'how are you?'

It's better than Fu**ed up, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional anyway!

Love

Donna.x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two variations I have heard are:

F***ed up, inadequate, neurotic, and empty.

Feeling In Need of Encouragement.

love
alexis xxx