Friday, May 18, 2007

How to irritate an insomniac

I heard a question on the radio the other day:

How long does it take the average person to fall asleep? A. 1 minute B. 4 minutes or C. 7 minutes.

My initial reaction was 'WHAT?! It takes me 15-90 minutes!' My reaction when I discovered the answer is 7 minutes was to scowl at the radio. 7 minutes? 7?!! The B£$*$$ds! Now, most of the time, I have absolutely no desire to be normal or average. It's boring. However, on this occasion, I LONG to be average. Imagine that? 7 Minutes. A mere 7 minutes. For about a month recently, I was taking about 15 minutes, and I was loving that.

In terms of helping me sleep, this particular statistic is up there with mice in the mattress. Bah, humbug. And do you know what really annoyed me? Last night I was lying awake wondering how it would feel to fall asleep within 7 minutes...for about 30 minutes! I have decided that I am obviously exceptional - taking so bloody long to fall asleep, and that I should revel in my individuality instead of glaring at every person I meet who is a '7 minute or less' sleeper.

I'm sure that will be a comfort to all insomniacs...not! Happy sleeping this weekend.

Love

Donna.x

No comments: