Thursday, May 03, 2007

Swimming in a Lust for Life

I went for a swim today. I thought it had been a while...when I got there I realised that it had been so long that they were half way through building a new centre that I knew nothing about. Oopsie. And then when I got in there I wondered WHY I hadn't been for so long? I love swimming. I love being in the water, splashing about, floating, playing, concentrating on smoothing out my strokes, breathing consciously and deeply.

Just thinking about it again now, my joy scale is going through the roof! You see, swimming is one of my 'flow' things - activities that I can be in and just lose myself in the experience. Like dancing, being at a gig of a band I love, kissing, walking, reading, laughing...the list goes on. Swimming re-awakens my lust for life - not only did I get a physical workout, I got reconnected to how wonderful it is to be alive.

What did you do today that reconnected you to the joy of being alive?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: