Friday, May 04, 2007

Inspiration to Fall more Deeply in Love with Life

Last night I was reading 'You Can Have What You Want' by Micheal Neill, and came across this quote "the only real purpose of a goal is to inspire you to fall more deeply in love with life". Remember this the next time you are reviewing what you want from your life - if your goals don't excite you, interest you, awaken a passion and a joy...why would you wanna do that?

Many clients come to me because they've spent the first 30-odd years of their life doing what they think they 'should' do, and it's made them miserable (or trying desperately to avoid doing what they think they 'should' do because it's soul-destroying, and that's made them miserable too). Instead of encouraging one another to have the kind of life we want, we encourage each other to have exactly the same life as everyone else.

Works well if you want it! It didn't work for me - all that 9-5, boring job, feeling like a wage slave thing made me physically ill. What changed? I decided to start doing things I enjoyed...and once I was doing enough of them, I had a life I enjoyed! You may think it's easy to fall in love with life when you are doing what you want to do...but falling in love with life STARTS with taking that decision to enjoy it more and more and more and more.

Do your goals inspire you to fall more in love with your life?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: