Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Delegation

As a self-employed, female, human in the 21st century, I find it very hard not to try to do everything myself...pants on outside the trousers and dan-da-da-daaaaaaaaa! SuperDonna! (reminds me of the scene in the Full Monty where Hugo Speer's character is demonstrating walking up a wall...and falls flat on his behind!) Yes, the inevitable crash occurs shortly afterwards! I know this thing...and yet, I still have a niggling suspicion that delegating is cheating.

Am I the only one? I suspect not. I am getting TONS better at delegating - I have handed the creation of the HTML code for my newsletter over to someone far better equipped than I (yes, I know, about time eh R?!), and am always on the lookout for what I can get someone else to do. Being a small business, there aren't that many people I can delegate to...which leads me onto another way of putting it.

Delegation is ASKING FOR HELP. And we don't need a fleet of willing employees just waiting to do our bidding to do that. I'd like to ask your help - do you know anyone who is frustrated with their life, who feels like they don't fit in (like a pink pebble on a beach full of grey pebbles!), who believes there is more to life than this...and who would like to be coached by DonnaOnTheBeach? If so, please them know about me, let me know about them, and in advance, I thank you.

Who will you ask for help (or delegate to) today?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: