Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Flowing with your energy

I had a bit of a circus this weekend...

Friday night, flat tyre. Saturday morning 9am, learn that wheel brace is corroded inside and can’t get any of the nuts off. Have to phone friend’s husband to come to the rescue. Saturday morning 10am, discover that locking wheel nut won’t come off, much sweating, swearing and muttering ensues. Saturday morning 11am, pump tyre up with foot pump and drive to garage…learn that Porsche garage doesn’t have the right equipment to do the job. 11.03 drive back to house and watch tyre go flat again. 11.15, friend’s husband gives up and my dad calls a garage guy we know who had stopped to ask if we were ok. He promises to pop round with the right bit of kit. 1pm, I tell my friend in Wiltshire that it is looking unlikely that I will be coming to visit tonight as after we get the wheel off, I still have to get a new tyre…and its Saturday afternoon.

3.30, 4 hours later, chap calls round with ‘bit of kit’…all nut cutters are too big and can’t get purchase on the nut. He promises to call again in 10 minutes if he has the right one at home, or will come back on Monday. 6.15 calls back to say it’ll be Monday. Sunday 2pm: Friends husband returns in the pouring rain – this nut has been annoying him for past 26 hours. 2.45pm: Man from Atlantis goes home again. (Bless him, it was pissing it down!) 5pm dad says he saw bloke from the local garage who reckons he can sort it in 3 minutes flat. Monday 10am: I am back outside with foot pump trying to get enough air in the tyre to get it to the chap at the garage. 10-15 am: nice man stops to help. 10.30am Bloke at the garage isn’t sure he can do it as it’s so badly damaged. 10.40am he announces victory! 64 hours after spotting flat, I finally have a new tyre...who would have thought just changing a flat could be such a circus?!

Now, really, in the scheme of things this wasn't that big a deal - but the stress of it hanging over my weekend did affect my energy, and the disappointment of not being able to visit my friend that I haven't seen for a year! And I have realised that my chronic fatigue is partially set off by stress. Hence, today, I am SHATTERED! Now, I could say I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and not be such a girlie wuss, but that wouldn't help matters. That's how I feel, so I have allowed myself to flow with that energy today.

It has meant there is stuff not done...it has also meant that hopefully this tiredness will not tip over into tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. Keeping your body/mind/energy/soul in tip top condition means looking out for the signs your body/mind/energy/soul are giving you every day in every moment.

What signs are you ignoring today?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: