Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Diamond in the Compost Heap

In my newsletter yesterday I talked about finding the positive spin in a situation. Now it's all very well for me to say this...it can be harder to do! But there is always a positive spin. A friend of mine is in a really tough situation right now, and she e-mailed me yesterday to say that at first she wondered what I was on, then she realised that there was a positive angle to be seen.

It made me think that some examples might be useful to you. Before I do that - this is not about saying 'hey I'm really glad that I have a horrible illness' but about making the best of a situation you are in anyway! Here's the thing - reality is there whether you like it or not...may as well make the best of it, I say! So, here's some examples for you:
  • Being skint gives you a chance (reminder) to work on your financial integrity and work out what 'financial freedom' looks like to you.
  • Having chronic fatigue syndrome has helped me to set boundaries about what I can and can't do - it also reminds me to take excellent care of myself as if I don't, my body will react badly!
  • My mom having a heart attack made me realise how much I love her and how much the family took her for granted. It also gave her a great incentive to look after herself for a change.

What is happening in your life that needs a bit of positive spin?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: