Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Finding Yourself

Have you ever heard the saying that what you want to find in the outside world is already inside you? Have you ever known anyone who goes away to 'find themselves'? Why would you go away to do this when it is inside?

Well, as someone who did this, I can tell you that sometimes you just cannot see what is inside. I went travelling in Australia for a year and discovered a relaxed, joyful, optimistic, fun, loving, peaceful, spontaneous, decisive Donna I previously hadn't suspected existed! Sometimes you need the change of scenery to see yourself.

There's another way...just start searching inside for what you want. I'm glad I didn't know this 7 years ago, or I might not have gone away...and now I don't need such drastic action! What are you looking for? What are your ambitions? What will they bring you? Success? Joy? Love? Peace of Mind? Look inside and you will see that you are already successful, joyful, loving (and loved), and underneath all the chaos hides peace of mind!

Some people fear to look inside, thnking they might not like what they see. What they don't realise is that your soul, your insides are the most beautiful thing in the world. Go on, take a look...

Love

Donna.x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna,

Your post reminded me of a Carl Jung quote:

"Those who look outside, dream. Those who look inside, awaken."

With love,

Jon

DonnaOnTheBeach said...

Yes! Great quote, thanks Jon.

And those who look inside find treasure...hmm...I like that idea.

Love

Donna.x