Monday, July 02, 2007

Blue skies and buckets of water

Anyone who isn't in the UK at the moment may not know how much fun the British Summer this year is. So far, we've had 2 weeks of good weather in April...and that's it. Summer officially began in June and it's pished it down ever since. The weird thing is that when the clouds disappear (for 4 seconds) and there is blue sky and sunshine, it's bloomin hot! And when it rains...it RAINS!

I went out to walk the dog today, and was lucky with the weather for 38 minutes of the 40 minute walk. Unfortunately, in the other 2 minutes, it RAINED. I looked like I had a bucket of water chucked at me. And then had the bizarre experience of walking back to the house soaking wet with not a cloud in the sky. Anyone who missed the sudden downpour would have assumed I'd just thrown myself in a stream.

It got me thinking...sometimes life takes you by surprise. And all you can do is laugh. (after scowling at the sky, running under a tree and shaking like a wet dog)

Love

Donna.x

No comments: