Monday, July 23, 2007

Down Memory Lane

I have been racking my brains for something important, relevant and life-changing (like the usual posts!) for you today...but all I can think of is that a band I like are doing a Greatest Hits tour this winter.

No, not the Spice Girls!

A band I am sure you've never heard of - Shed 7. Britpop pioneers (apparently), and good live band. Part of the excitement is that I haven't listened to any of their albums for about 5 years - in fact, it took me half an hour to find them because they'd been put in the 'I don't listen to this' place. And most of the excitement is the nostalgia...Speakeasy reminds me (not of an advert) of winter and long hot baths (don't ask why, I have no idea!). Chasing Rainbows reminds me of smoky clubs and good times.

And the gig itself reminds me of dragging my friend along to see them, bouncing up and down for a couple of hours, and coming home from wolverhampton partially deaf. Can't wait to recreate the experience!

Next time something takes you down memory lane, take the time to really appreciate the nostalgia - we have all had good times that just get forgotten...it's lovely to relive some of the highlights (but without the hangovers and the knowledge of a mid-twenties crisis looming!).

Love

Donna.x

No comments: