Monday, July 09, 2007

Smile Like you Mean It

Any tennis fans out there? If you are, you may have taken an interest in more than the singles' finals this weekend, and seen Jamie Murray and Jelena Jankovic lift the mixed doubles title. Now, my interest in these two is partly because I like double's contests, partly because Jamie Murray is a Brit, and partly because of the clear joy they have in playing these games.

You watch any sports contest between top players, and you will see determination, grit, fire, adrenalin and focus. Rarely do you see fun, joy, smiles, laughter. Jelena Jankovic managed to laugh her way through the entire tournament, joking with the crowd, inviting the ball boy to join her, smiling constantly and clearly thoroughly enjoying herself. This obviously affected Jamie, who also smiled and laughed a lot.

It was wonderful to watch. It is a delight to watch joy in action - and this was joy in action. I wish to thank both of them for being little rays of sunshine to my weekend - their obvious enjoyment increased my enjoyment of my weekend, and reminded me to laugh and have fun, whatever I'm doing.

Are you laughing and having fun, whatever you're doing?

Love

Donna.x

No comments: